Hello readers, Happy Easter, that’s right. Easter, is a festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, as described in the New Testament, 3 days after his crucifixion by the Romans on the cross of calvary. Easter is near and I’ve got some facts about Easter that most of you did not even know. Learn and enjoy. Happy Easter
FIVE CRAZY FACTS ABOUT EASTER
- . The name of Easter takes its origin from Easter, who is an Anglo-Saxon goddess symbolizing hare and egg.
- 2. Exchange of Easter eggs dates back to a springtime custom that is actually older than Easter itself, where eggs were given as a symbol of rebirth in many cultures.
- 3. The reason the egg is so prominent is because it represents joy, celebration, new life and resurrection.
- 4.The Guinness world record for the tallest chocolate Easter egg was measured at 10.39 meters which is about 34 feet (that’s taller than a Giraffe) and it was an astonishing 64 feet and 3.65 inches wide! It was made in Italy in 2011.
- 5.Egg-throwing events were held in churches in the Middle Ages also It consisted of the priest tossing boiled eggs to the congregation and at 12 o’clock after that whoever held the egg, got to keep it however a similar tradition is still ongoing today with the world egg throwing championships.
LINKS TO EASTER DIY (DO IT YOURSELF)
Till next time, enjoy your holiday and do not forget that Easter is the holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Happy Easter!!!!!